Our client, a US-based chemical company specializing in cellulose-based materials, needed to recruit niche talent following the acquisition of a Canadian lumber company. The hard-to-fill roles were spread across remote Ontario and Quebec, and required candidates who spoke English and Canadian French.
The company also wanted to switch to a more collaborative RPO provider with a dedicated team who focused on relationship building, collaboration, and creative strategies that achieved results.
Journey to success
Because of the remote nature of the positions, Hudson RPO implemented an on-the-ground strategy that hinged on guerrilla marketing, including flyers and postcards in local grocery stores, as well as local newspaper advertising in rural Canada.
Our recruitment team leveraged Hudson RPO’s InGenium applicant tracking system (ATS) as an interim solution while the company’s ATS was being expanded into Canada and customized so candidates could apply in English and Canadian French.
Behind the scenes
The Hudson RPO team built a customized recruitment model to engage skilled candidates for hard-to-fill roles. Key features of the recruitment solution include:
- A dedicated team of recruiters, sourcing specialists, and recruitment coordinators with bilingual capabilities
- On-the-ground, bilingual recruitment marketing
- High-touch service, transparency, and collaboration with existing teams
- Managed shift from manual hiring and onboarding processes to a modernized applicant tracking system that improved recruitment and the candidate experience
- Created a hiring manager interview guide and recruitment process maps to align hiring with business requirements
About the client
A US-based chemical company specializing in cellulose-based performance materials for use in manufacturing. Incorporated in 2014 with headquarters in Jacksonville, Florida, the company’s cellulose products are sold to industrial operations worldwide.