GSK (GlaxoSmithKline) is a global healthcare company and a leader in pharmaceuticals and consumer healthcare. It was facing talent challenges in China including
- Low employer brand visibility in China
- Urgent and high volume hiring within 7 months
- Revolutionary new business model in China market
- Inefficient existing recruitment process
- Critical selection criteria
Journey to success
Hudson RPO implemented an end-to-end RPO solution, which resulted in an increase in the quality of talent hired, a reduction in the time taken to fill roles, and an overall improvement in the organisation’s retention.
- Providing RPO solution to Pharma, OTC, and FMCG business
- Filling 40% of all roles via proactive sourcing channels
- Achieving an average time to fill of 45 days (against an agreed target of 60 days)
- Completing a high productivity rate of an average of 92 hires per year per person
Behind the scenes
Hudson RPO designed and implemented a tailored solution in mid-2015 which continues to this day. We put in place a team of 15 recruiters working both onsite and offsite across Shanghai, Beijing, and Guangzhou.
The solution included:
- A comprehensive recruitment plan
- A multi-channel sourcing strategy
- Assessment and selection methodology
- A clearly defined EVP
- Consistent employer brand messaging across all candidate touch points
- We also developed a strategic sourcing strategy (channels) by role type and development of talent pools, criteria, architecture, and communication.
About the client
GlaxoSmithKline plc is a British pharmaceutical company headquartered in Brentford, London. Established in 2000 by a merger of Glaxo Wellcome and SmithKline Beecham, GSK was the world’s sixth largest pharmaceutical company as of 2015.