There can be many catalysts that lead a company to consider recruitment process outsourcing (RPO). Be it rapid organic growth, an acquisition, geographic expansion or a corporate restructuring. Whatever the circumstance that leads you to consider an RPO provider, identifying and assessing the risks of recruitment process outsourcing and debunking common RPO myths are important steps in determining a proper and workable solution.
Top 5 Risks of an RPO Solution
- Overestimating Costs Savings: RPO is not a low-cost solution. Identifying, vetting and hiring high performers should be the primary goal; any reduction in cost-per-hire can be seen as an additional benefit.
- The Risk of Cultural Fit: Without due diligence, you may find that you’re working with a company that doesn’t mirror your core values. Your RPO provider is a trusted partner that will improve your processes while complementing your corporate culture.
- Outsourcing Problems: Implementing an RPO solution should enhance your primary workforce strategy. If you are attempting to fix a defective recruitment process or trying to rebuild a hiring strategy that has been previously ill-defined, these issues must be addressed in advance with any potential provider. Outsourcing can’t fix a problem that hasn’t yet been identified.
- Time to Implement the Solution: RPO solutions can be a time intensive process. Time to completion can range between three months to nearly a year depending on the complexity. Having over-ambitious deadlines can thwart a smooth transition. Cooperation and effective communication should be the focus for a timely solution.
- Expecting Too Much: While RPO vendors allow organizations to tap competencies otherwise unavailable and suggest innovative solutions to varying employment challenges, they can’t meet every need of every business.
Understanding these risks will enable you to make an informed decision regarding which RPO provider to work with. Being aware of common recruitment myths will also help decide if recruitment process outsourcing is right for your company.
Four Recruitment Myths Busted
- Myth 1 RPO Can’t Help Fill Difficult Positions: RPO offers a valuable solution for hard-to-fill positions because providers use proven sourcing methods to attract a large pool of skilled and qualified candidates. They know how to use creative strategies to develop sourcing pipelines and build communities of people with that unique skill set.
- Myth 2 Hiring Volume Means Sacrificing Quality: The truth is RPO provides the best of both worlds: speed and quality. RPO offers a streamlined approach to sourcing and narrowing down candidates so that you receive a high-volume of qualified candidates in less time.
- Myth 3 The RPO Provider Must Handle Everything or Nothing: RPO is a scalable solution that can be ramped up or down depending on your needs. Furthermore, RPO doesn’t have to handle everything in the recruitment process. RPO solutions vary greatly, from full-on recruitment outsourcing to just working on an as-needed basis.
- Myth 4 You Lose Control with RPO: Companies may actually gain control when they adopt a recruitment outsourcing model. Most RPO firms provide their clients with valuable reporting throughout the process, so companies can gain an accurate idea of cost-per-hire and ROI. Choose a company that focuses on transparency and you’ll be able to better understand each and every step in your recruitment process.
Partner with a company who has a deep understanding of the risks involved in recruitment process outsourcing. By addressing the risks ahead of time and debunking common misconceptions, meeting your expectations becomes a reality. Using a proven streamlined process, Hudson can help reduce your recruitment costs, decrease your time-to-fill, finding quality hires quickly and effectively while pairing candidates with your company culture. Contact us today for a free proposal and see if one of our RPO solutions is right for your company.Get In Touch