International Women’s Day has a long and proud history of celebrating women’s achievements, raising awareness against bias and taking action for equality. For us, at Hudson RPO, it presents an opportunity to demonstrate our support for International Women’s Day and, more importantly, reflect on how we as an organisation can affect change for women in not only our organisation but across our clients’ organisations.
This year’s International Women’s Day theme, #Choosetochallenge, got us thinking. We realised there was a strong connection between what we do as recruitment specialists and the role we play in challenging bias, smashing stereotypes and ensuring equity across the recruitment process. Because of the work we do, this puts us in a unique position to influence and advocate for real change.
We asked our people to participate in International Women’s Day 2021 by sharing their pledge images with us, helping create our incredible collage. And united as an organisation and spanning our client network, we #ChooseToChallenge:
- Unconscious bias in the recruitment process by ensuring all our employees and hiring managers have completed training so they can identify and understand the biases that impact their decision making.
- Gender equity by ensuring representation of women in the roles we recruit, particularly those role families that are inherently under-represented by women.
- How we source and attract female talent by taking a proactive approach to searching via alternative on and offline channels such as meetups, networking groups and LinkedIn
- Our screening and assessment process to ensure fairness and equity for all candidates throughout the recruitment process.
- Salary inequality for women by making sure our remuneration and offer process is fair and robust
As a global business we will continue to embrace an inclusive culture of diversity and belonging and are committed to equal opportunities for all. We take pride in the diversity of our workforce which spans over 20 countries across the globe and the significant percentage of women in leadership positions as well as in our teams more broadly.
If you would like to speak to a Talent Expert about diversity, equity and inclusion in your recruitment process please contact us.Get In Touch