MORE THAN 2,000 PROFESSIONAL-LEVEL HIRES TO DATE
Glaxosmithkline (GSK) is a science-led global healthcare company that researches and develops a broad range of innovative products in three primary areas – Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare. The company has a significant global presence, with commercial operations in more than 150 countries, a network of 86 manufacturing sites in 36 countries and large R&D centers in the UK, United States, Spain, Belgium and China.
In 2006, GSK selected Hudson RPO to fill 240 new, highly skilled positions – including managers, analysts and highly-skilled specialists – with the goal of tripling its supply chain output in Canada –all in just 12 months.
Hudson designed and implemented a recruitment program that successfully met this goal. Based on the success of that effort, GSK expanded its remit with Hudson to include all functional area recruitment in Canada.
Hudson RPO’s customized solution for the client consists of:
- Streamlined recruitment process
- Development of customized web-based recruitment management tools and executive reporting
- Scalable solution to accommodate hiring volume increases and decreases
- Dedicated five-person onsite team and one off-site resource
- Applicant Technology System implementation and customization
- Establishment of Assessment Center-based methodology for high-volume recruitment initiatives in the manufacturing business
- Coordination of annual Summer Student Internship program
To date, the Hudson team has been responsible for more than 2,000 professional-level hires across a wide variety of functions and job levels.