Hudson RPO Provides End-to-End Recruitment Solution for Global Software Provider
When a global software power house needed to recruit staff for 30 to 40 store-in-store (SIS) retail outlets across China, as well as several mainline and two flagship stores, the company turned to Hudson RPO for recruitment and selection.
- The client is not well known in China as an employer and is new to the global retail market.
- It did not want its name used in job postings to limit the exposure of its retail strategy at least initially.
Hudson RPO was selected in March 2014 to implement an end-to-end recruitment solution to fill as many as 200 SIS positions by the end of the year and an additional 200 to 300 for the mainline and flagship stores through 2016. The solution encompasses:
- Sourcing and pre-screening candidates (including video interviewing and administering Hudson’s proprietary online BAQ assessment)
- Facilitating the interview and selection process (which consists of organising job events where hiring managers make presentations, lead group discussions and interview candidates)
- Coordinating reference checks and job offers process
- Assisting in the new-hire onboarding process and training
To track candidates throughout the hiring process, Hudson RPO implemented InGenium, Hudson’s proprietary cloud-based recruitment software.
Recruitment for the China market has been direct through cold calls, China-specific job boards (e.g., Zhaopin, 51 Job, Dajie and Lietou), LinkedIn, candidate referrals and the Hudson Asia Pacific candidate database. Once candidates are pre-screened, recruiters are able to divulge the name of the hiring company and actively market the organisation and the benefits of working there.
In addition to managing the recruitment process, Hudson RPO will work with the company to develop an employee referral scheme, which is expected to increase the number of available candidates once in place.
Hudson RPO also is providing counsel to the company on competitor and retail market changes as well as on market diversity, primarily in the high-tech industry.
Once hiring is under way in earnest, the company will measure the success and experience of Hudson RPO’s service via satisfaction surveys sent to candidates and hiring managers.
- The Hudson RPO team has received 400 applications for the SIS positions to date
- At least 10 job events have been held thus far, with approximately 15 candidates per event. Additional events are being scheduled.
- Thus far, two positions have been filled and 40 to 50 candidates are in queue to be hired once the company confirms its partnership with two retail stores that will host the store-in-store concept.