AGENCY USAGE AND SPEND DRASTICALLY REDUCED
A globally recognized home for media creativity, Starcom is one of three global agency brands of the Starcom MediaVest Group, which includes MediaVest and Spark. Starcom has more than 1,200 employees and an estimated $10.3 billion in billings in the United States.
Starcom was using multiple agencies using different recruitment processes across its network. As a result, there was no clear ownership of the recruitment function at the company. In 2010, Starcom selected Hudson RPO for a trial recruitment process outsourcing project.
After a successful initial project, the Hudson RPO team designed and implemented an end-to-end recruitment process outsourcing program with features that included:
- Dedicated onsite recruitment team with offsite support
- Scalability to accommodate hiring volume increases and decreases
- Full lifecycle recruitment integration
- Comprehensive sourcing strategy with strategic use of LinkedIn Recruiter and competitive intelligence mapping
- Specific strategies for hard-to-fill digital, analytic and research positions
- Implementation of an Applicant Tracking System (Taleo and TalentLink) and the strategic use of LinkedIn recruiter
- Proactive communications strategy with all promising candidates advanced quickly through the process and referred candidates contacted within 24 hours
The recruitment process was standardized and clear accountabilities were assigned – enabling managers to focus on the core business and HR to focus on critical talent management activities. The following results were achieved:
- Drastically reduced agency usage and spend
- Hiring managers report being satisfied or highly satisfied in surveys