END TO END RECRUITMENT SOLUTION PROVEN EFFECTIVE
Janssen Cilag is a pharmaceutical company of Johnson & Johnson, and provides medicines for an array of health concerns in several therapeutic areas. Prior to working with Hudson RPO Australia, the company used many different agencies, each with different fees, terms and conditions. Time-to-fill and recruitment costs were high, and the candidate market had little knowledge about the company’s employer brand.
Janssen Cilag required:
- A strategic recruitment partner who would own end-to-end recruitment
- Innovative sourcing methods that would reduce reliance on agencies and bring down costs and time-to-hire
- Clearly defined, best practice processes and assessment methods to improve competency and culture fit
- Increased volume of high potential candidates
To ensure quality recruits and support long-term growth, Hudson RPO Australia developed and implemented a series of competency profiles, interview guides and psychometric assessments that utilized assessment methodologies tailored to the company’s needs.
Hudson RPO also worked with the company to develop a more strategic overall approach to recruitment. To that end, focus groups were held with hiring managers and internal thought leaders, which resulted in the development of five “Strategic Pillars for Recruitment” to serve as guideposts for all hiring decisions.
One of the strategic pillars, “Build and engage talent pipelines,” led to an agreement on four “critical roles” to build the company’s talent pipeline.
Hudson RPO also worked with the client to develop candidate attraction and engagement activities that helped build the pipeline of “ready now” and “ready soon” candidates.
To keep the client informed, Hudson prepares and distributes monthly quantitative and qualitative reporting on the candidates in the pipeline.
Hudson RPO was able to meet Janssen Cilag’s objectives and based on that success was asked to expand the solution to the sales force of two other company divisions.
- Increased candidate pool to 55,225 and decreased time-to-shortlist
- Reduced the company’s costs by more than 30 percent
- Increased fill rate to 100 percent with 99 percent staff retention