After 12 Years the Relationship Continues to Evolve
In 2002, Johnson & Johnson Medical (J&J) wanted to create a national recruiting solution in Australia. At the time, recruitment process outsourcing did not exist in Australia, so J&J looked to Hudson to create the first-of-its-kind outsourced recruitment solution.
From that point on, Hudson RPO Australia has been J&J’s strategic recruitment partner, responsible for all permanent recruitment for most professional roles in Australia, as well as for managing the company’s Graduate Recruitment program and providing support for its global MBA program. Hudson RPO also delivers all psychometric testing of professional staff. In 2005, the solution expanded to include J&J’s pharmaceutical business, Janssen Cilag,
The onsite team at J&J is fully integrated with the company’s HR function and provides support to hiring managers through competency-based interview training and recruitment skills training as well as through regular market analysis, competitor updates and facilitation of thought leader focus groups.
In 2014, J&J adopted more of a hybrid model, with some team members now directly employed by J&J working with the remaining Hudson RPO onsite team.
Hudson RPO continues to be responsible for developing and delivering the company’s sourcing strategy and takes a proactive approach to candidate generation for business-critical, hard-to-fill roles. Positions are filled in a variety of ways, including through internal mobility, employee referrals (18 percent), from the Hudson proprietary database (22 percent) via LinkedIn (8 percent).
We remain accountable for service levels including;
- Time-to-fill: Reduced to 21 days
- Quality of Hire: 100 percent at five- and 12-month point
- Service Satisfaction: 99.8 percent hiring manager satisfaction
- Retention: 95 percent at 12 months and 94 percent at 24 months
- Approximately 150 positions are recruited for per year
- Recruiting costs have been reduced by 30 percent
- Time-to-fill has decreased from 45 days to 21 days
- Approximately 95 percent of all hires are direct hires
- Fill rates are 100 percent and 98 percent for retention
- Talent database has been built to more than 55,000 candidates